The Indian Minority Education Society of Australia Inc (IMESA) have developed a donation refund policy as part of our commitment to honouring and respecting the financial contributions that people make to the IMESA. We recognise the importance of donations and want to ensure we establish appropriate principles of transparency and fairness in regard to the management of refunds.
This policy outlines the circumstances under which the IMESA will refund a donation.
This policy applies to all those who make financial donations to the IMESA and its members and volunteers responsible for processing and managing financial donations.
IMESA expects that anyone wishing to donate consider their decision carefully and check donation amounts during transactions.
IMESA recognises that it is possible to make an error when making an online donation or for donors to change their mind about the donation made. It can also occur that an error can be made by IMESA or our financial institution.
Under this policy IMESA will endeavour to refund donations in accordance with the
- If an error is made in making online donation or if the donor changes their mind, we will honour all requests for refund that are made in writing within 30 days of the date the donation was made. The written refund request should include the details of the initial transaction including date, donation amount, donor’s name, invoice number and the nature of the error.
- Requests for refund can be sent by email or mail as follows:
Mail: IMESA, 72 Hobart Place, Illawong NSW 2234
- IMESA will fully examine all requests for refund and endeavour to ensure that genuine errors are rectified, however we are under no obligation to give refunds and the decision on refunds will be at IMESA’s discretion.
- If an amount is adjusted by IMESA, the original receipt issued for the incorrect amount will become invalid and a new receipt will be issued for the amount of the adjusted donation.
- IMESA reserves the right to pass any refund transaction charges on to the donor.
- Refunds will be returned using the original method of payment – if donation has been made by credit card, the refund must be credited to that same credit card.
- Should an error be made by IMESA or our financial institution(s), a refund of the full amount will be made once we are notified of the error in writing and all costs will be borne by IMESA.
Responsibility and policy owner
The owner of this policy is Executive Committee of IMESA.
The owner is responsible for implementing the policy and achieving the desired outcomes.
All IMESA members and volunteers responsible for receiving and processing donations shall:
- respect and value all those who donate to IMESA
- ensure donation processes are secure and transparent
- build trusting relationships with regular donors and partners
- respond proactively to any issues arising in regard to donation refunds
- communicate respectfully and professionally with those who request a refund raise any issues or concerns that arise with IMESA management regarding donation refunds.